Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Late as Usual

It's 10:30 at night and I'm just now posting on this blog. Whaaa. Why? Because I'm multi-tasking. I think you have to multi-task in this business or lose your sanity. Or maybe multi-tasking leads to insanity. As I'm rambling, you probably already think I'm there. LOL.

February through the end of April are usually so busy for me I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. As you all know, I teach art, so my students and I are involved in a huge contest in February. From that one contest, I have 13 students going to state! March is Art Youth Month so it's riddled with all sorts of activities including a show at the local mall and an art show for art teachers at the local gallery. Shows and contest require that we mat a lot of work. I matted 70+ pieces for contest and 5 for the art show. April is state so my students and I are preparing for our trip out of town this weekend. April is also deadline month for scholarships and other contests. And the first weekend in May is our big district show for which I have to mat about 40 more pieces of art. The week after that, AP portfolios are due and with 12 taking the test this year, I have help them select 5 pieces each to be submitted. Hmmm, there's another 60 to mat. Have I started matting yet? Well, of course not. It will all be done last minute as usual. Ugh.

This is one of the reasons why my writing comes to a screeching halt in March. I'm so overwhelmed by my other job, that my muse has a hard time focusing. I piddle at writing but that's about it. Once AP porfolios are mailed, I can relax and start writing in earnest. I can't wait!

No comments: