1. Opening one gift on Christmas Eve in anticipation of the other gifts the next morning
2. Christmas Eve services at Church.
3. Baking cookies with my mother – we have a special family recipe called a Bretzle that takes a special iron to make, similar to a waffle iron and oh, it’s to die for.
4. Christmas dinner with everyone gathered to enjoy the feast.
5. Opening one present on Christmas Eve.
6. Spending time with DH’s mom, either at our house or hers alternating years.
7. Listening to Christmas Carols whenever the radio is on
8. Chopping down our own tree at the tree farm (this is so much fun, as we also get candy canes and hot chocolate at the farm) – and we can also buy their handmade wreaths from real fir branches.
9. Spending Christmas Eve with my entire family (mom’s side) all forty of us gather at my aunts house and we eat, watch the kids open presents. Play with the new babies, remember the ones who aren’t with us, Talking about the ones soon to be joining us.
10. Christmas Day at my mom and dad’s. We were gone for almost 14 years. That’s a lot of Christmases to make up for.
11. Go door-to-door singing carols
12. Go to Christmas Village in another town to see lights
13. Open one present Christmas Eve
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Posted by Donica Covey at 9:26 AM