Thursday, December 13, 2007

Songs of the Season



Favorite Christmas Music


Everyone has his or her favorite music this time of year. For some it’s traditional, for some it’s modern, country, or even comical. Here is a list of our favorites:

Jami:
1. The Hallelujah Chorus – we had to learn it in high school choir and I still remember several of us gathering on the main stairway right after school and singing it without prompting from our director. The other students were a bit stunned by our forwardness, but we didn’t care. We enjoyed every minute of it.
2. O Holy Night – my best friend had the most beautiful soprano voice and sang the lead solo for this one while the rest of us sang back up. It still gives me shivers, remembering her voice.
3. Holly Jolly Christmas – My two best friends and I had to learn this for a trio we were in and we spent our senior year performing at many functions.


Becka
4. I love O Holy Night. Such a beautiful song. The version sung by Clay Aiken is very powerful
5. Carol of the Bells is another favorite for me. The Gary Hoey version (all guitar) totally rulz.
6. What Child is This? Yes, it’s adapted from Greensleeves, but I still love it.
7. Anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Donica
I’m VERY non-traditional. My kids know it’s Christmas when they hear The Cryptkeeper’s Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas. With that in mind, here is my list:

8. Juggle Bills
9. Rusty Chevrolet
10. What Can You Get a Wookie for Christmas

Marie
11. O Holy Night
12. Silent Night
13. It Must Have Been The Mistletoe


What are your favorites?




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





No comments: