Friday, February 15, 2008

Book Signing with NICOLE JORDAN



Well, one of my dreams came true last week. I did a book signing with a BIG NY Times Best Selling Author of historicals....NICOLE JORDAN!!!

She is in my RWA Chapter, and what a great person she is to have a signing with. We were at Barnes & Noble last Saturday for a Valentine's Day signing. Besides us, there were three other authors. Of course Nicole had sold out of her books and she had to go out to her car to get another box of books. One day I hope to be able to do that at a signing.

I was disappointed in the Bookstore because they didn't have the proper signs for any of the authors, so pretty much we just looked like we were sitting at a book display table holding a pen with a bottle of water by our arm. Sheesh! But we still had a pretty good signing. Most of the authors sold almost all of their books.

Afterwards, as I was driving home, I was thinking over the afternoon and realized I'd always wanted to do a book signing with a big author. Then it reminded me of my very first book signing. It was during my RWA Conference, and our guest authors were Brenda Novak and Sherrilyn Kenyon. Of course Sherrilyn's fans packed the house, but it was very interesting to watch how her fans trickled down to the other author's tables. The sign on my table read: Marie Higgins aks Phyllis Campbell. I wondered why they even had my other name. After all it was Phyllis signing! But I sold quite a few books, and it wasn't until later when I discovered why. Apparently, Sherrilyn's fans read 'Higgins' and thought I was Mary Higgins Clark. hahahahah But hey...it helped me sell some books, right?

~Phyllis~

1 comment:

Kim Lenox said...

Phyllis,

Sounds like it was a fun signing anyway -- it's always fun to hang out with other authors!

Kim