Thursday, January 03, 2008

Writing Goals

Writing Goals



New Year’s Writing Goals (Anything and everything but lose weight)
1. Interview at least 7 folks per issue for the new community Magazine.
2. Rework my Fantasy and start the query process again
3. Do a better job of promoting, so folks know I have great stories to read.
4. Write sequel to A Noble Sacrifice, (Cari’s Story)

Marie’s Answers
1. Write at least 5 pages a day – or one chapter a week.
2. Send out a query to a big publisher at least one a month until contracted.
3. Finish at least three of my stories that have previously been started.
4. Work with critique groups once a week.

Donica’s Answers
1. Write a total of 6 books this year
2. Sell those books
3. Branch out more in the promotions aspects of writing


Becka’s Answers
1. Spend less time on IM and more time working on manuscripts.
2. Send a query to Silhouette Desire and see if I can get my foot in the door at Harlequin.
3. I actually want to do less promo, as I feel I burned out on it in 2007. I was doing so much promo via chats, guest blogging, blogging in general, keeping up on my author loop, networking on sites such as MySpace and FaceBook, that I feel as if my writing really suffered for it. Therefore, I aim to pencil in my promo around my writing, not pencil in my writing around my promo.



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: