Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Like a Tall Glass of Water in a Hot, Dry Desert



Now that the holidays are over and a lot of the stress is gone, I've finally been able to concentrate on what I most love to do - writing. You would not believe how long I've been absent from writing new material. When I finished TOMB, my book for Cobblestone Press, I pretty much couldn't write anything else after that. What, with Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, it was nigh impossible.

No matter how many times I sat down at the computer, I just couldn't get anything to come, nothing inspired me, and all I could think about was shopping for gifties or throwing parties or going to parties and family coming to visit and food to cook and bake... It was insane!

But now, I think Becka's got her groove back. It's taken awhile to warm up to the book I'm currently writing, ONCE A DREAMER. But I've been brainstorming and coming up with some great ideas, and I'm about 5K into it. Sure, 5K isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. But considering my long, drawn-out dry spell, it's better than nothing.

Now, instead of putting my writing off and trying not to think about it, I'm constantly thinking about this book and how I can write it to the best of my abilities. I really love it so far, and I can't wait until I'm in the thick of it. The hardest part for me in writing any book is the beginning. Once I get past this "hump" there'll be no holding back.

It's about dang time!

~~Becka
http://www.RebeccaGoings.com

No comments: