Thursday, September 20, 2007

T13 Let's Do the Time Warp


Events in History or I wish I’d been there

If you had the opportunity to go back in time and witness any events which ones would you choose? We scanned our brains and came up with our top choices...

Jami:
1. The first airplane flight
2. Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel
3. Traveling on one of the first wagon trains west

Becka:
4. Jesus’ ministries – I would have loved to have seen it all, His teachings and His miracles.
6. Signing of the Declaration of Independence – Our founding fathers, whether you liked them or not, wore their balls on the outside, if you know what I mean. Heheh…
7. The moon landing – We’re so jaded now when it comes to space. “It’s no big deal”. I want to witness an era where space was still a frontier to explore in awe.

Donica:
8. Chief Joseph’s address
9. The premier of CATS with the original London cast
10. Holding the first copy of Gone with the Wind ever published

Phyllis:
11. Christ’s birth
12. Christ’s death
13. The day President Kennedy was shot (strange, but I’m fascinated…)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



16 comments:

Becka said...

Love this week's 13! :D I would have LOVED to see Michelangelo in action as well. It always fascinates me how people way back when got things done without today's technology.

It was probably an accident waiting to happen. :P

~~Becka

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Neat thought. I'm not sure what I'd like to go back and see. Woodstock, maybe. Altamount. More musical history, all the way back to the birth of the blues and New Orleans when it was young and Katrina was a girls' name.

Bethanne said...

what a great idea!
hmmm, i dont' think i can pick a particular spot in history! But I love civil war era and then the ww2 era as well.

Country Dawn said...

The 60's... I was born a decade too late :)

Vicki Gaia said...

Great topic, and one where there are so many events in history I'd like to witness ~ I would of like to witness Churchill giving a speech during WWII ~ the Amory Show of 1913 in NYC ~ V-Day ~ San Francisco in the 50's during the Beat Generation.

Unknown said...

This is awesome!!! Thanks for participating


Another contest starting tomorrow at Random thought, lasting 7 days..its pretty easy and I have some great prizes!!!

Sandee said...

First love your blog, and what a great team effort here. Some things on this list I watched on television and that's as close as I wanted to be. Have a great TT. :)

Carrie Lofty said...

I would have liked to been there for VE or VJ Days. The excitement and relief of the war finally being over.

Ann Aguirre said...

Pretty intense list here. After reading the title, I thought it was about Rocky Horror, though.

Spy Scribbler said...

I hope I'm alive when space becomes a new frontier, and we explore beyond our own solar system. One can dream ...

Great list! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I would loved to have been there when Jesus gave the Sermon on the Mount. Another event I would loved to have witnessed was when StoneHenge was erected. Great TT. Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

Wow, this was a great list. Very creative and I would like to go back to witness all those events too!

Unknown said...

I would love to go back and see the first live production of MacBeth. I'd find Shakespeare and shake his hand...or their hands, depending on which theory proved true. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I saw CATS in London, not the first show but it was great. Good list

Jenny McB said...

This is a tough question. I guess maybe hanging out with Hemingway would have fun. Seeing the first flight at Kittyhawk or Lewis and Clark's journey would have been interesting.

Anonymous said...

Nice list.