1. I love the myth about leprechauns, but then I love all things Irish.
2. Faeries and faery rings fascinate me, so much so that I have faeries and elves in one of my unpubbed books as main characters. This is a book I hope to eventually sale to a NY publisher, but later.
3. A fond childhood memory is playing “bloody Mary.” Do you remember that game? Supposedly, if you stared at your image in the mirror in a dark room with no light, you would eventually see the ghost of “bloody Mary.” I could never stare long enough to get results. It would freak me out too bad.
4. Merlin the magician comes to mind when I think of myths. I based a hero after Merlin and had a blast doing research on this particular wizard. Too fun.
1. Hmm…I love the myth of Atlantis. Because whether or not there really was a lost continent, it made for a terrific TV show. LOL
2. I love the myth of Santa Claus, for obvious reasons. But mostly because my children think Christmas is magical, even though they know he doesn’t really exist.
3. And then there is the myth that having more money solves all your money problems. ACK! However, I can’t seem to bring myself to believe those Hollywood stars are living paycheck to paycheck…
4. And my personal fave: the myth of sex after marriage. Ain’t that one a hoot??
1. Selene and Endymion
2. Psyche and Eros/Cupid
3. Hades and Persephone
4. Isis and Osiris
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants