Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Recipe Madness

I've caught it! I'm doing an entire menu of crock-pot recipes. Why? Because it's too dang hot to really cook. So I've posted an appetizer recipe here. Over on the Belfry Collective blog I posted a death by chocolate cake dessert. Yes it really is a crock-pot recipe. And on Donica's Daily I have a main course recipe. So make sure you hit each site!

Chicken Wings in Honey Sauce

3 lbs Chicken wings
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups honey
1-cup soy sauce
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup oil
2 cloves garlic (optional)
Sesame Seeds (optional)

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joints to make 2 pieces. Sprinkle wing parts with salt and pepper. Place wings on broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 20 minutes, 10 minutes each side until brown.
Transfer to crock-pot.

For sauce combine honey, soy sauce, oil, ketchup and garlic in bowl. Pour over wings, cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or high for 2-2 ½ hours. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.

Let me know how you enjoyed these recipes. I'm very interested in hearing from you so leave me a message at any of the blogs and let me know.

Huggles,
Donica

No comments: