Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Holding Out For A Hero - order now!

I'm excited to announce my historical western, Holding Out For A Hero, will be out soon (August), and in celebration, my publisher, Champagne Books, will be taking advanced orders. I'm also excited because this book will be available in paperback and will be in bookstores!!! Here's the link to order in advance.

Holding out for a Hero from Champagne Books

I'm thrilled that this story will be out soon. It has a special place in my heart. While writing, my own father was sick and slowly dying. Instead of making my own story sad, I gave the heroine's father a health problem, but not one that could kill him. Still, while writing this, I wrote about the emotions I had been going through -- in my heroine's eyes.

Here's the blurb - The Wild West has bandits, rattlers, and cactus galore...Texas has Jesse Slade and Summer Bennett, the town's newest and most hard-headed heroes.

Summer Bennett is determined to capture the Buchanan Gang the Texas Rangers can't seem to find. Gotta get money...fast, for her father's operation. The reward money's the only way. Complications arise when Jesse Slade, her sister's fiance, rescues her from dangerous situations. Instead of using his head for a slingshot target, she dreams of piercing his heart.

For thirteen years, little Summer was the burr under the Texas Ranger's saddle. Now Jesse feels a different irritation. She's on his mind even while searching for outlaws. She and her proper sister are as different as sweet lemonade and corn liquor. Yet he feels like kissing Summer, anyway. Funny, because he'd always wanted to tie her to the outhouse before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippppeeee!!!!!! Phylis this sounds wonderful. OMG! You had me laughing there with -

She and her proper sister are as different as sweet lemonade and corn liquor. Yet he feels like kissing Summer, anyway. Funny, because he'd always wanted to tie her to the outhouse before.

I can't wait for it to be released. I LOVE western romances and especially your books.

Woohoo!