Thursday, June 15, 2006

It is a Sad Day...

I've just been informed that my publisher at Inara Press has decided to close their doors once and for all. It was a hard decision for them to make, however, I do understand that sometimes, circumstances change, and things you once thought you could do no longer can be done.

What does that mean for my latest book HEARTS ETERNAL?Well, it won't be released on June 26th any longer. I am working with Dawn (Inara's publisher) to get the rights for my cover art so I can at least keep it. It is such a beautiful cover. I do have a plan for what I want to do with this book, but those plans won't be finalized until the next few days, so I'll keep you informed with that.

So this isn't the end of the road, and there is indeed hope for this book and it's sequel, Jareth's story, HEARTS UNBOUND.I am nearing the half-way point for Jareth's story, and I'm loving it! HEARTS ETERNAL clocks in around 33K, novella length. I'm thinking Jareth's story will be about the same. Together, they will be 65-70K, and I'm hoping I can shop them together as an "anthology" of sorts. Wouldn't it be great if they were both released together??

Anyhow, this all came as a shock to me today, but it's just a speedbump. I've been through this before, and while disappointing, there's no point in getting angry or hurt. These things happen. Publishing houses come and go. The trick is finding the ones that have staying power. Keep your fingers crossed for my paranormal romances. Perhaps we will hear some good news soon!

~~Becka

No comments: