Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Eppie Winner

I had so many things going on this past weekend that I totally forgot that March 8 was the official awards ceremony for the Eppies, so of course, I putz around the house on Monday oblivious to all the mail that's in my inbox. When I finally open my outlook express, one set of words caught my attention above all else; You Won the Eppie!!! I blinked and started looking at the other subject listings and another caught my eye; Standing Ovasion. I started to laugh, I started to cry and then I started to scream!!! OMG. Me?

I was floored to say the least. A Noble Sacrifice was a great book. I loved it from start to finish, but to have others think so as well? Now that is the greatest honor a writer can receive. So while I humbly take a bow, I would also ask that all of you take one also. Readers are the most important people to writers. Without you to laugh and cry with us, our world would be pretty lonely.

So, thank you crit partners, thank you Champagne, thank you EPIC, thank you judges, but most of all, thank you readers. Whoop!!!

3 comments:

anne said...

Congratulations Ciara! What a great achievement. All the best. You deserve this honor.

Becka said...

Congratulations! You deserve it, woman! :D

~~Becka

Ciara Gold said...

thanks Anne and Becka. I actually got the trophy in the mail today. What a nice surprise. Very pretty