Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My First Release is HERE!

Ah, fan me while I take a deep breath. Celestial Dragon hit the Cyber stores yesterday or maybe even day before yesterday. Gotta lub that the author's the last to know. But - I'm just so excited, I can't breathe. I love this story. It took nine months to write and lots of revisions, but in the end it was worth every nibbled fingernail.

So - now, I've got to promote. Promotion is probably one of the hardest things for me to do. I'm an artist, a writer. I should be able to sit in my corner and write for the simple joy of writing. The book will sell itself. Wrong. Argggg. So, I guess this means I have to come out of my corner and tell everyone I've written this fabulous story. Nibble. There goes another fingernail.

No worries. I can do this. I actually sent out a bunch of postcards today. And I've found several places to send my bookmarks. In fact, I gave my son a mission. I gave him a handful of bookmarks and told him to slip one or two in the magazines on the plane. You know the one. The Air Mall. And he's also going to plant them in his hotel room. He flies out tomorrow for Vegas. Too fun.

Rambling now, but I think it's nervous energy. I've gotta get up at 3:00 AM to cook the boy eggs and see him on his way. Wow. I should be in bed now. Nite all.

Ciara

No comments: