Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Introducing Ciara Gold

Wow, this is just so exciting. I'm here with three other super writers and I plan to have a blast blogging away. Hi all, I'm Ciara Gold and my debut romance comes out this June. Be sure to watch for Celestial Dragon, available through Champagne Books and Fictionwise.

About me? Hmmmm. I'm an artist, a writer, a teacher, a reader and a sailor. Okay, so maybe not as much of a sailor as I'd like to be. I could never feel the wind, so I always cheated by looking at the wind tails. But I do enjoy being out on the lake when the breeze is steady and the sun is shining. Of course, sitting in the slip all cozy in the berth during a storm ain't so bad either. And that's all I'm gonna say about stormy days, ha ha.

What do I write? Everything that strikes my fancy. Okay, so I need to narrow it down a bit. I love writing paranormal adventures because I lose myself in the fantasy. I love creating new worlds. But I also love writing historical western romances. I think sometimes I should have been born in the 1870's. Our forefathers knew how to live, how to survive on the bare essentials. And most upheld a moral fiber that seems distant nowadays. And oh my, aren't cowboys just plain sexy. Gotta love a man in a cowboy hat, tight wranglers and scuffed boots. I spend at least one night a month country western dancing with my husband and the atmosphere always manages to take me back in time. I developed a passion for writing in my early twenties, but I didn't nurture that passion until about five years ago. I feel so fortunate to have found a wonderful publisher who appreciates my talents.

Ciara Gold
http://www.ciaragold.com

No comments: