Friday, July 06, 2007

A bit of fun from My Space

Okay, I have to admit that my space is growing on me. Big time. I was a skeptic, but now. . . it's getting almost addictive which isn't great for the writing time. Oh well. One of the fun things is the bulletin board where your friends can post fun messages. Some are games intended to help you get to know folks better. Anyway, a friend posted - One question. Anyone reading the message could ask one question and receive one honest answer. "1 question. 1 chance. 1 honest answer. That's all you get." The trick was then to post to the bulletin this same challenge, which I did. Here are some of the questions that were asked of me:

Linda Mooney, author of AEQUANA asked: What is the one thing in your life you would change if you had the power to go back and change it? And here's my answer:

Ugh. That's a very difficult one. Funny, but it's almost the same question we're asking/answering on our newsletter. Except that question has a patriotic twist. So - I would try to change the way in which society accepted new technology, so that there was greater awareness at the onset of the consequences for our luxuries. Sure, I could try and stop a war, but that would probably only prolong the inevitable and war would happen anyway. I think something like this would be a more widespread fix.

Erin Moore, author of The Game, All I Ever Wanted and Flame asked: Hey lady, I've got a pretty simple question for ya, although it's something I've been wondering. Where did you come up with Ciara Gold as a name? I love it, and it's perfect for the type of books you write. And here's my answer:

That's a fun question. I wanted something that was a family name and Gold is my great, great grandmother's name. Then gold made me think of the sierras under a blazing sun, and my daughter had a friend whose name was Ciara, so voila! Ciara Gold. I thought too, that it would be a name easily remembered.

Little Sunshine asked: Do you remember you first kiss? And here's my answer:

Too funny. Yes. Now I suppose you want the details. LOL. But hey, I'm only supposed to give you one answer. Silly me, okay, the details. I was a late bloomer. I got sent to church camp for a week and didn't know a soul, but this one guy, Greg R. (the son of a preacher - I kid you not) took a liking to me. He had the most gorgeous red hair and lots of freckles and he was sooo sweet. We'd go on long walks and he started holding my hand. The next night, when he walked me back to my cabin, he asked if he could kiss me. Oh yeah, I felt it clear to my toes. I was 14. He kissed me a lot that week and that's as far as it went, but to me, it was incredible.

No comments: