Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy Wednesday

Geez, can you beleive its already June? (okay in two days) but still! Summer is here, kids are out of school for summer break and vacations are right around the corner. I've been trying to get some writing done in between trips to the country to get my "summer" place in order. In three weeks from yesterday I leave for a week. I'm dragging my best friend, and her two boys (12 and 11) with. A friend of ours from highschool is going to drive down for the weekend. I'm so excited I can't wait.

This vacation is also a little sad for me though. My daughter (will be sweet sixteen in February) opted to not go with us this year. She's decided to stay and work. I'm sad to see the end of an era come. The time when my little girl wanted to be with mommy every second of the day. The time when she promised me "never to grow up and go away" is long past. Now I'm the old woman taxi driver.

I guess life is just hitting hard. My son turned 19, too old for me to hold and cuddle any more. He's moving on with his liofe, searching for his own way in the world, leaving me and our home behind. Now my daughter is on her way toward making her own life as well. Call me melancholy baby I guess.

I've been trying to dive into my writing as an escape but it hasn't been easy. my concentration, my focus is all gone. The voices in my head scream one story today and a different on tomorrow. I have gotten to the point I can't just sit down and finish one book. Maybe it will help me get more books written? Hopping from book to book. Will it work for me or will they all read choppy? Time will only tell.

I have made a video for a book I'm working on now. The videos seem to help me get a little more into focus, well most of the time. Anyway, here it is. ENJOY!!!



Well must be off to try and get some more work done. To keep pace with all my news, you can always join the Maven's newsletter loop, my personal newsletter loop, visit my blog or my website. The links to all these places are listed at the sides of this blog.

Take care all!
Huggles,
Donica Covey

No comments: