Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Montematre



Wow, it's been almost three weeks since I returned from Paris. And like always, being there feels surreal, like a dream. Before I forget it all, though, I thought I'd post about our last real day in Paris. Sunday we decided to head for Montematre, a tall hill near the north center of Paris. The view was wonderful, btw. We took the funiculaire, a moterized pod from the bottom to the top, otherwise we would have had to walk a ton of stairs. We still had to walk stairs to reach the church. The church or Basilique du Sacre Coeur (Church of the Sacred Heart) was beautiful and everyone was very respectfully quiet inside. Afterwards, we went to Salvidor Dali's museum. It was expensive for the the amount of work we saw but I still enjoyed it as I'm a huge Dali fan. The museum housed lesser known works and a lot of his sculptures. Next, we found a wonderful restaurant tucked away under the hill and learned to drink lemonade with fitz (kinda like carbonating our drinks but oh, so much better.)A trip down the Seine finished off the day.

No comments: