Friday, August 11, 2006

Announcement from Becka!

I have some tremendous news! My Wolverine Chronicles, my fantasy series, has been contracted by Samhain Publishing! I cannot believe it, the wait is FINALLY over. :P See, I was once contracted on this series at New Age Dimensions, but that publisher went out of business back in February. I have since been waiting to find out the fate of these books, my "babies", if you will.

I had been waiting months and months for Mundania Press to get back to me, as I know their review process for submissions is lengthy. But when I sent a follow-up letter after four months with no reply, I decided to submit to Samhain. Samhain took about 6 weeks to get back to me. Still, 6 nail-biting weeks. :P

But I'm soooo happy to say that these books finally have a home, and I'm so very glad they are where they are. All the ladies at Samhain are so nice and supportive, that I love it over there. And I just know the books will be successful. Here are the titles of the books:

THE CRYSTAL OF MYNOS
THE WOLVERINE AND THE ROSE
THE WOLVERINE AND THE JEWEL
THE WOLVERINE AND THE FLAME

The title of this series will most likely change, as my editor pointed out that "The Wolverine Chronicles" conjures images of X-men rather than High Fantasy. I don't mind changing the name. Something snazzier would probably work better anyhow. It is kinda boring when you think about it. Everyone with a series has "chronicles" in their name. :P

We're thinking of putting the short story in with WatR, the first book as a long prequel. These books will be going to print, and I want the entire story told. If, by some weird twist of fate, it doesn't work out during edits, then Samhain will buy TCoM as merely a short story. But keep your fingers crossed that it can just be included with the first novel.

Anyhow, I'm so excited! I think I've finally come down off the ceiling, but I've still got a wide grin on my face! :D

~~Becka

1 comment:

Becka said...

Thank you Terry/Ciar! It is indeed good to "see" you again, woman! :D

~~Becka